Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Oops...

Well, I drove to Alabama today, and I brought my music with me...or so I thought. I copied my entire classical music directory to a portable hard disk, but made a mistake--I copied the 'Classical/Classical' directory, which is Mozart and friends only, as opposed to the entire 'Classical' diretory which includes the 'Classical/Contemporary/Cage, John' directory that I need. Sigh.

It's obvious that the blame for this error lies on wheoever decided to call both the genre and the period by the same name ;-) Certainly not with someone who does not pay sufficient attention to what he is doing...

Anyway, I do have access to my PC in Virginia via remote desktop so I can still get at the music, it's just a bit more challenging now...I am once again glad I never turn that PC off.

Additionally, I'd forgotten how awful the speaker setup here is, with the right channel not functioning at all. Consequently, I will have to transport Cage via CD to the living room, much to the potential dismay of my mother...

Blogging will continue apace tomorrow! I'll probably start with some of my recent aquisitions, which I did manage to copy.

Oh, I enjoyed hearing Indeterminacy in the car. I won't review it, but it was nice to hear some of my favrite stories again. Heh, even if I've heard them all over and over for the past few weeks when I go to bed...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?